The weather right now is perfect for hanging out in the yard and grilling. Once Summer gets into full swing it gets too hot to eat in our unshaded backyard, so we have to take advantage of it while we can. The ground beef has been piling up in the fridge from the meat CSA so burgers were the obvious choice. We topped them with manchego cheese and chimichurri sauce and washed it down with the delicious red wine, Doug at Rave never fails to provide us with a perfect pairing! It was just the right balance with the spiciness of the garlic and herbs. This sauce would be perfect on a juicy steak or even shrimp. Give it try, you’ll enjoy it just as much as we did.
- 2 C. packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 T. fresh oregano leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drop the garlic cloves in a food processor with motor running.
- Scrape down sides, add parsley, oregano and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add paprika, vinegar, oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, scrape the sides a few times.
- Serve at room temperature.
Submitted to Life as Mom Ultimate Recipe Swap