This blog all started with me posting during the Halloween party preparations. Here we are again! This past weekend we had our Halloween party, 10th year running. There were a ton of fun costumes, great food, lots of friends. Most importantly, no rain. Mother nature is clearly a fan, we have had favorable weather all ten years! I am still recovering from the fun.
After all these years I have a ton of Halloweenish party recipes. I make a few tried and true Halloween recipes each year and try a handful of new ones too. This pumpkin seven layer dip is one of my favorites. It is always a big hit, and people know something is different about it but often can’t identify the pumpkin. This year I put it in a pumpkin shaped dish as hint.
|Pumpkin Seven Layer Dip|
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 T. Sweet Heat Treat chopped (or jalapeno slices)
- 1-4.25 oz. can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 T. taco seasoning
- 1 C. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 C. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 C. salsa
- Layer 1. Combine pumpkin and cream cheese – spread into serving dish
- Layer 2. Combine sour cream thru taco seasoning – spread over pumpkin mixture
- Layer 3. Cover sour cream mixture with layer of salsa
- Layer 4. Cover salsa with cheese
- Layer 5. Top cheese with shredded lettuce
- Layer 6: Sprinkle chopped tomatoes
- Layer 7. Finish with green onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping
For the salsa I used Frontera’s new seasonal salsa, Chipotle Pumpkin Salsa. Have you seen it? It is not at my grocery store, but my friend brought me a jar. She is knows me well! If you see it in your store I advise you grab a few, it is really good. It’s a mild salsa with lots of chunks of pumpkin. Taste great on just about anything!
Savory Halloween recipes are not always easy to find. Any good suggestions for other appetizers?