St. Patrick’s Day comes early and often to our town. It generally kicks off the the first weekend in March with a parade. The best parade of the year by far. Most years we would have everyone back to our house after the parade, but last year I was in Minnesota so there ended the tradition. Sadly I missed it again this year too. Even though it was snowing/raining and cold I am still bummed to have missed it. Luckily though some friends picked up the party slack and had a few of us over for post parade festivities. Nothing like a day party every now and again. Every year I make a hot corned beef dip in the slow cooker, this year I decided to try something different. and it was a hit.
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 8 oz. corned beef, chopped
- Mix the cream cheese, dressing, 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese until combined. Stir in sauerkraut and corned beef. Spread into oven safe dish, top with remaining cheese. Back for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve with Rye Triscuits or small loaf of Rye or Pumpernickel bread.
Shared on Friday Potluck