More tomatoes, woohoo! More sweet peppers, not so much. I have to find a way to make use of these soon. I roasted and stuffed some last week for dinner but that only used up a few. I used up a few more on our Italian beef sandwiches. Beef, sweet with heat, wet! The sandwiches were awesome.
Hot Peppers (Jalapenos ~ very hot!)
I set out to make the cabbage soup recipe in the Super Natural Every Day cookbook. But when I went to get the cabbage to slice and add to the soup I realized I only had red cabbage. DOH! I decided to use the kale from a couple of weeks back instead. The result was delicious anyway. I topped it with fresh tomatoes.
|Chickpea, Kale and Red Curry Soup|
- 2 T. oil
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 T. red curry powder
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 C. vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C. light coconut milk
- 1 C. kale, sliced in thin strips
- Heat oil in pan, add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, cook until tender.
- Add curry powder and stir to coat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook about 1 minutes.
- Add broth and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer.
- Add coconut milk and kale and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.