Hy husband kindly volunteered himself to join me in my new eating plan. He has been a good sport about for the most part. Somewhere around the 6th salad eating kind of became a chore for him and honestly I had to agree. But again I was not shooting for exciting, I was shooting for easy. He got that but when he ran across this recipe in Men’s Health and took matters into his own hands and took charge of dinner.
|Skillet Eggs with Leeks and Spinach|
- 2 thinly sliced leeks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- finely chopped garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- 8 cups spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Sriracha (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute 2 thinly sliced leeks in 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add a finely chopped garlic clove and a pinch of salt and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in 8 cups spinach. Cook until the greens wilt; season with more salt and some pepper.
- Crack in 4 eggs, put the lid on, and cook over low heat until the eggs are lightly set.
Sauteed leeks and spinach with eggs baked on top. A satisfying dinner that fit the plan, the vegetables were hearty and the eggs were a nice break from chicken/beef as a lean protein. Bonus that it is quick enough for a weeknight meal. And of course Sriracha makes everything better.