Not much to say on this one. I am loving the lemon basil from this week’s CSA basket, a bright version of my favorite herb. It’s nice match for buttery shortbread for an easy summer dessert.
|Lemon Basil Shortbread|
- 2/3 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 4 T. lemon basil, chopped
- 1 T. lemon peel, finely minced
- 3 C. flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- Heat over to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Add in vanilla, lemon basil, and lemon peel. Mix to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine. Mixture will be very dry and crumbly.
- Place mixture in a 9×13 pan. Press to an even thickness.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until edges turn light brown.
- Remove from oven and slice into squares while hot.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
I am not sure what I love more, the tender middle pieces or the crispy edges.