It’s been a long week, Friday took too long getting here. I am looking forward to the weekend followed by a short work week capped off with a looonnnngggg weekend. I have a whole lot of nothing on the agenda.
Looking in the fridge I saw a handful of leftovers staring back at me. I almost gave in, but I really wanted to take the time to make dinner. A new dinner. Nothing fancy, but something new and full of flavor.
I’ve had a hankering for blue cheese and stocked up over the weekend. Over the weekend I snacked on a plate of tortilla chips sprinkled with blue cheese, nuked and drizzled with buffalo sauce. Good stuff. Good start, but I wanted more. I thought about a crusty sandwich, maybe a grilled cheese, but after seeing new whole wheat tortilla in the grocery store I thought I would give those a try.
Quesadillas it is.
The kids got the run of the mill cheese quesadilla, I opted for something a little more exciting.
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 t. butter
- 2 Tortillas (flour or whole wheat)
- 2 Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese wedges
- 1 oz. Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 oz. Pecans, chopped (salad topping ones work great)
- Melt butter in a pan. Saute pears until heat through, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread Laughing Cow cheese on tortilla.
- Grease same pan and heat. Place tortilla, cheese side up, in pan. Let heat about 1 minute.
- On half of the tortilla place pears, sprinkle with cheese and top with pecans. Fold tortilla over fillings.
- Grill until heat through and tortilla is crispy.
Loved these, perfect over some greens drizzled with balsamic syrup. I made two, one I included caramelized onion and peppers which were a nice addition. Loved the crunch of the pecans. A nice simple week night meal that taste like it took a heck of lot more effort.
Happy Friday, heading out to happy hour now that I don’t have a long run hanging over my head. Though I have missed my runs this week, I’ll be hitting the road Sunday.