Buffalo Hummus

I’ve been preoccupied  with buffalo hummus ever since I saw that Sabre came out with this flavor.  Especially since I can not find it in my area.  Then I got a stick blender for Christmas and got me wondering how it would be for making hummus.  Buffalo hummus.  Yes, I have been thinking about this for months.  The buffalo shake I mentioned yesterday got me thinking about it again and I decided I needed to just make it already!

buffalo hummus

• ⅓ cup tahini
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 4 T. Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
  • 3 T. water
  • ½ t. salt
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients and puree in food processor or blender until smooth.
  2. Server with carrots and celery, top with additional Frank’s sauce and blue cheese.

I love hummus.  I love love love this buffalo hummus!  The stick blender worked perfect for it too and it turned out creamy and smooth the way I like it.  And while I do love my hot buffalo wing dip I think this is a great alternative.  I’ve been craving celery since the holidays (my body trying to save me from myself no doubt) and this hummus is perfect with celery.

buffalo hummus

Truth be told I ate this hummus for breakfast with some celery.  For lunch I spread it on a toasted tortilla with leftover steak, celery, buffalo sauce and blue cheese.  It is a good thing we only one tortilla in the house because I am sure I would have kept on eating.

buffalo hummus steak tortillaI am sure I will find a way to enjoy it for dinner too!

This entry was posted in Appetizers, Recipes and tagged .

17 Responses

1. Christina says:

This would definitely be a good replacement for traditional buffalo dip. Everyone loves hummus, and the hot sauce would taste great with the chickpeas.

2. Jen says:

Ohhhhh my. I’ve never made hummus. But, I’ve enjoyed many a dip or five. This will be my first one! Thanks.

3. Kiri W. says:

Haha, for a second I was expecting buffalo meat in this (don’t laugh, my poor German father was distraught when he got chicken after ordering buffalo wings!) – sounds delicious and like a great snack, though. :)

4. Okay, you just made my day with this recipe. My husband is in love with hummus and hot sauce. This is so perfect for him. I am definitely making this!

5. Love it Jacky!!! I’m totally going to make this!

6. Biz says:

Genius! I so need to make this – thanks for the recipe Jacky! I am off to the gym – two days in a row – woot! :D

7. Jilly says:

Oh this looks SO good. I cannot get ANYONE in my family, my parents, Scott’s parents, my sister, Scott, NO ONE will eat hummus but me :(. And this one looks SO good!

8. Pingback: Roasted Tomato Soup | Jax House

9. Martha says:

Perfect Super Bowl treat! Thanks for linking it up for Tailgating Time Super Bowl Party. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow after reading this. I went straight to cutting up celery, pulled out my pain hummus and just added the hot sauce. I’m nibbling on it as I type. YUM!

10. Martha says:

PS – following you on Pinterest now too :)

11. Pingback: Popular Recipes of 2012 | Jax House