If the salted caramel sauce didn’t do the trick to winning friends and influencing people you may need to try these…
|Salted Caramel Bars|
- 1 lb. salted butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1½ C. powdered sugar
- 2 T. vanilla
- 4 C. flour
- 1 recipe [url href=”http://www.jaxhouse.com/2011/12/05/salted-caramel-sauce/”]Salted Caramel Sauce[/url]
- 1 T. sea salt
- Preheat to 325F.
- Using a mixer cream butter. Add sugars and beat together until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Mix flour into the butter mixture and beat on low-speed until a smooth soft dough forms.
- Press half of the dough evenly into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until firm and the edges are a pale slightly browned approx 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cover cooled crust with Salted Caramel Sauce and sprinkle salt on top.
- Crumble remaining dough on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until top if slightly brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool and slice into bars.
I mentioned these bars awhile back, here is the original recipe Salted Caramel Butter Bars. I actually found making the homemade sauce faster and easier than unwrapping and melting the store-bought caramel squares.
If these don’t work, I don’t know what to tell you!