I finally made it to the farmers market, everything was G O R G E O U S!
The colors were so vibrant. Must be all the rain.
Look at this rhubarb, amazing. I love the pink with white polka dots.
It was a steamy day so I stuck to fruits and veggies that didn’t need any major cooking. Summer is prime time for simple cooking.
It doesn’t get more simple than a simple syrup. After all, there IS a reason it’s called simple syrup.
- 1 lb. rhubarb, rough chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a pot
- Stir to combine and heat over medium heat
- Cook about 10 minutes until fruit gets soft
- Mash fruit and cook about 10 more minutes
- Cool and then strain out the fruit
- Store liquid in a glass jar in fridge
The rhubarb syrup makes a great addition to your favorite cocktail, or with seltzer. Next time I plan to add some fresh ginger and basil when making the syrup, I think that will be a great addition.