Happy Hour {Buffalo Cauliflower Dip}

The whole low carb thing is easy enough with a few exceptions…

1. Pizza
  2. Beer
  3. Party Food

I’ve been happy enough with a few alternative pizza crust options, but bottom line it just isn’t the same.  There is no substitution for pizza.  Same goes for beer, the low carb options just don’t cut it.  Especially in summer.  Party food is the hardest one, sure I can find low carb dip options, it is the dippers that are the issue.  Sure there are plenty of options, but they take more effort than say chips, crackers, bread.  We had an end of the year happy hour so I needed some new low carb party options.  I found some good ones to go with though…

Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

chicken satay and peanut sauce

Roasted Asparagus with a Parmesan Dipping Sauce

asparagus and dipping sauce

And the B I G winner, Buffalo Cauliflower Dip. No surprise given my latest obsession with cauliflower and my established love of buffalo sauce.

Buffalo Cauliflower Dip

I swapped in steamed, pureed cauliflower for the chicken in this buffalo dip recipe.  I did not puree the cauliflower until completely smooth, I left a few chunks for the added texture.  Served it up with carrots, celery, and red pepper strips.  Amazing — low carb, low-fat, a bit of protein and fiber.  According to my calculations, split 8 ways, a serving is under 150 calories.

5.0 from 1 reviews
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8

Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 2 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
  • 8 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese
  • ½ cup fat-free sour cream
  • ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Wing Sauce
  • ½ packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
  • ½ cup cheddar, shredded
  • salt & pepper
Instructions
  1. Cut cauliflower is large chunks. Steam until tender.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, but with a few chunks.
  3. Salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Spread mixture in a baking dish, top with cheddar cheese.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
  6. Serve with carrots, celery, and red pepper strips.

This entry was posted in Appetizers, Recipes and tagged , , .

28 Responses

1. Sherry says:

This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip looks so good and sounds so good. I will have to make this on the weekend. Thanks for a great recipe.

2. Biz says:

OMG – I am all over that dip!!

And I am doing the happy dance right now – I am eating your Asian bbq sauce on my smoked pork I did over the weekend – I pickled daikon radish and carrots and made it a sandwich – I fed 3 of my co-workers too and they all said “holy shiz!” Thanks Jacky!

3. Kiri W. says:

Mmm, all sounds great! I love how versatile cauliflower is as a creamy base, so this sounds like I would adore it.

4. YUUUUUUUUUUUM!!! I’m totally going to try this!

5. Pingback: Spicy Coffee BBQ Sauce « My Bizzy Kitchen

6. This dip sounds amazing!!!

7. Pingback: Waygu Wagon Dinner | Jax House

8. That actually sounds great but you’re going to put the cauliflower growers into overdrive! :)

9. Jilly says:

THANK YOU! Another cauliflower recipe to add to my growing collection, to help my growing cauliflower in the garden! NUM!

10. Holly says:

All of these appetizers look fabulous. I love the idea of serving asparagus with a dip.

11. Viviane says:

I love the cauliflower dip and I also wanted to try the Parmesan dipping sauce – how am I able to get the recipe for that?

12. Mei-i @ gastronomic nomad says:

What an unusual dip! This will definitely be making an appearance at my next party. Congrats on top 9!!

13. This is an innovative dip — useful in cauliflower season.

14. Suzi says:

Now this buffalo cauliflower dip sounds killer, low fat low carba and nothing better than Frank’s Red Hot wing Sauce. Saw his on the top 9 Congrats.

15. Rosella says:

This appy sounds amazing – as I hit the print button :). Congrats on making the Foodbuzz Top 9!!

16. Pingback: Two Recipes! « My Bizzy Kitchen