The Super Bowl is coming and I am very excited. I have no idea who is even in the Super Bowl this year but any party that centers around good eats is my type of day. Not just any good eats, but football good eats like these…
Need a meal for a crowd…
Or this new one…
- 1 T. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ounces Gruyère or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add onion to pan and cook over medium-high heat.
- Stirring often. Reduce heat to low and cook onions until golden, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 3 oz. cheese and remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Stir in onions and top with remaining cheese.
- Grease a small casserole dish, and bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
Now, who can tell me why Gruyère cheese is so flippin’ expensive!?!